Thursday, July 26, 2018

Why I LOVE DISNEY!

People ask me how my love for Disney started. Well it started back when I was a child and I did not realize it until I became an adult. When you watch Disney commercials or even when you go to Disney you see these little children who actually believe they are a princess like Snow White
or a Jedi like Luke Skywalker and the look on their faces when they meet their favorite princess or Disney character is priceless. Well when I was a child I actually believed that I was Winnie the Pooh. You see my older brother’s name is Chris and when I was a child I thought he was Christopher Robin so of course me being his buddy that had to make me Winnie the Pooh. I actually still have my Winnie the Pooh from when I was a child and it sits in the chair by my bed. My very first trip to Disneyworld was when I was 2 years old. I don’t remember anything about it but I’m sure it was magical. It would be 20 years before I would visit Disneyworld again and I still remember the feeling I had when I walked onto Main Street the very first time. That trip was with a group of friends that I was in college with and I remember freezing at night watching the Spectromagic parade and thinking it was the most amazing parade I have ever seen. I still have pictures from that trip with the group that I will always treasure. I made a couple more trips over the next few years after that but in January of 2014 I had a long weekend off from work and decided to hop on a plane and go to Disneyworld by myself. I know people might think that is crazy but at that time in my life it was the best thing I could have done. Of course my first order of business was to have breakfast at the Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom so that I would be able to see the one and only Winnie the Pooh! It was the highlight of my trip. A year later I had moved to Pensacola and met someone at work that had a love for Disney like I had. We quickly began planning a trip with a group of people. The memories from that trip are ones that I will cherish the rest of my life. With that group we had a few trips to celebrate Halloween and Christmas. Christmas lights at Disney will bring a tear to anyone’s eye. There have been so many more trips at different times with some of the old group and a couple of new ones in the mix and every time I walk through the park gates and walk onto Main Street USA I get chills and every time I see my good ole pal Winnie the Pooh I have to get a hug and a picture. Anyone who would be able to experience Disney the way I have been able to and experience all of the magic that there is to offer won’t look at me and say I’m just a “silly ole bear”.




No comments:

Post a Comment